Monday, March 13, 2017

A Prepared Path


A wonderful thing about letting Jesus into your heart is that He comes to stay for the long haul.  He is not superficial.  His motives for wanting a relationship with you are pure and sincere.

I didn't just accept His truth, and then be left to my own devices.  Things, people, were already in place to guide me along my new path.

One of those people is named Jeff.  He was working with Campus Crusade for Christ, and through other students I ended up connecting with him.

By the way, this post might make more sense if you've read the 'Testimony' page I put up. 

The very week after the events that lead me to the crossroads of believing in Christ, I met other students in the computer lab who were talking about a Bible study.  In the year and a half of my time at school I had never heard any discussion like that.  It is interesting how my path crossed theirs in that moment.  I was connected to other people who believed, and would be able to encourage me, confirm for me, this new direction in my life.  Jeff was leading that study with them.  He invited me to a retreat the following month.  It was a refreshing, renewing excursion that I desperately needed at that time.  Taking a cold campground shower on a chilly early morning is nothing compared to what Christ went through on the cross!

The long haul.... otherwise known as, E T E R N I T Y.  He says he has prepared a place for those who believe in Him.  John 14:1-4 says "Do not let your hearts be troubled.  You believe in God; believe also in me.  My Father's house has many rooms; if that were not so, would I have told you that I am going there to prepare a place for you?  And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come back and take you to be with me that you also may be where I am.  You know the way to the place where I am going."




No comments:

Post a Comment